Do you try three stages when reading: pre-reading, while-reading and post-reading? Try this activity to help get in the habit of approaching reading with these stages. A great text by George Monbiot the renowned journalist is featured. Open the Sway presentation below, then scroll down through the activity.
Is the environment a topic you would feel confident dealing with in the IELTS exam. If the answer is ‘No!’ you are not alone.
Don’t worry, help is at hand. Try this activity and you’ll find the environment topic is far less scary than… well than some of the environmental problems we currently face.
- Learn exam preparation techniques
- learn environment vocabulary
- watch an inspiring video with 2017 winners of the Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change by http://biomovies.tve.org/
Are you ready? Enlarge the Sway presentation below and click on the buttons to do the activity.
This month is #PlasticFreeJuly
Learn about it and improve your English with this activity.
- watch a video
- look at vocabulary from the video
- read the ingredients for plastic free products you can make
- Create and share an advertising poster
Are you ready? Enlarge the Sway presentation below and scroll through to do the activity.
A lesson on this important issue for children. Here you will
- Learn about our oceans and how to protect them
- Learn the names of sea creatures
- Watch 2 short videos on the topic and answer questions.
Are you ready? Click on the presentation below and press > to go from page to page. Have fun!
Try this activity, watch a great video and learn lots of vocabulary on a surprising topic! Just click through the Sway presentation (< and > symbols, bottom right) and enjoy the lesson, whether you are in your living room, a café or the classroom – just remember your re-usable cup! Note the lesson continues after the video.